We are happy to announce the start of submission process for PPI’s fourth international ThinkTwice conference. The aim of the conference is to bridge between the worlds of the Pirate Parties, Academia and NGO to foster a mutual exchange of ideas and experiences that are worth spreading.
To sign up as a presenter or panellist for the conference, please complete the following form:
This year’s Think Twice conference will take place August 6th and 7th at the Venuse Theater in Prague, Czechia. Address: Slavíkova 22, 130 00 Praha 3-Žižkov, Czechia.
A limited number of presenters and panelists are invited to participate online or in-person at the event. The aim of the conference is to bridge between the worlds of the Pirate Parties, Academia and NGO to foster a mutual exchange of ideas and experiences that are worth spreading. For this fourth ThinkTwice conference, the tag line is “Creativity, Human Rights, and Revolution”. All sessions will be streamed, and the video recordings published afterwards.
We are looking for session submissions from Pirates, non-profit leaders, and academics in the following tracks. Additional topics will also be considered.
- Creativity: copyrights, patents, collaboration, citizen journalism, media, DRM, open access, FOI, public licensing, policy reform, education, etc…
- Human Rights: security, data protection, surveillance, FOI, basic income, emigration, voting rights, drones, non-proliferation, dual use technology, encryption, anonymity, transparency, net neutrality, open data, e-government, society, whistleblowing, political science, etc…
- Revolution: Future, innovation, liquid democracy, transhumanism, cyborgs, start-ups, vision, 3d-printing, crowdsourcing, big data, participation, pirate parties, artificial intelligence, globalization, space travel, social networks, etc…
Terms and conditions of paper submission
- Title and abstract of the proposed session should be entered into the conference form at
https://lime.ppi.rocks/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=326194 by Tuesday, June 28th, 2022.
- The submissions are accepted in English language only
- In case of the acceptance of the submission, the session material and eventual audio and video recordings will be published with a CC-BY 4.0 license
- In case of any financial support, the name of the organization or institute should be reflected in the abstract. Submission and publication of such papers are subjected to a letter of consent from the respective organization or institute to Pirate Parties International.
- Conference is on the 6th and 7th of August 2022 in Prague, Czech Republic
- Deadline to submit your proposal is Tuesday, June 28th, 2022 23:59 CEST
- Speaker notifications by Friday, July 15th, 2022 23:59 CET
- Final Version Due on Friday, July 29th, 2022 23:59 CET